Position Type: Full-time
Option to Full-time: Yes
Timeline to Hire: August 2023
Desired Compensation: $35-$45/hr
Desired Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: US & Canada
FlightFX is seeking a highly skilled Developer looking to break into the world of Flight Sim development as a junior developer (L1/L2). Join our team and contribute to the development of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 & 2024 aircraft. As a Junior Developer, you will work under senior flight sim engineers who will help you to learn the MSFS SDK. You’ll work with visually stunning and realistic 3D assets that bring virtual flight experiences to life. You will work diligently to gain expertise in flight sim engineering through programming avionics, modeling of high fidelity aircraft systems, flight dynamics modeling and real world performance matching, and integrating other aspects of the flight sim model through the MSFS SDK.
Together, lets redefine the standards of realism in flight simulation gaming.
This is a full time position and will require good communication, timely production and dedication to the work. Possibility of permanent position after performance evaluation.
- Receive assignments from the senior flight sim engineer on your projects, and diligently work to gain skills in flight sim programming.
- Establish and maintain efficient programming development workflow with other team members, scheduling work as 3D assets are available, ensuring consistency and quality across the development team.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other team members, such as 3D, audio, and UI/UX, to ensure a holistic and immersive player experience.
- Work with other team members in agile delivery of MSFS projects, following the ceremonies and procedures of the project manager and ensuring timely updates and communications in project management tools such as Slack and JIRA.
- Participate in quality reviews, offering and accepting valuable feedback and suggestions to enhance the overall quality and realism of the game flight sim model and aircraft experience.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any MSFS SDK issues, maintaining the highest standards of quality and performance throughout the development process.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 0+ years of experience as a flight sim developer in Microsoft Flight Sim.
- 2+ years of experience in general programming, ideally in web application development or game development.
- Experience with C++.
- Development collaboration basics including git workflows and code reviews.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to overcome moderate technical challenges.
- A desire to be curious and determined when troubleshooting the MSFS SDK and overcoming undocumented problems.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment.
- A portfolio showcasing technical proficiency in programming projects.
- Passion for flight simulation games and a strong desire to push the boundaries of functional fidelity in the genre.
- Expertise in C++ WASM, RPN and a deep understanding of the MSFS SDK.
Compensation is negotiable based on expertise tier and region.
Benefits, PTO, and related conditions are also negotiable for full-time positions.
Join our passionate and talented team, and be at the forefront of creating cutting-edge products for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Together, let's deliver an unparalleled flight simulation experience that captivates players around the world!